Re: initial nxml merge

From: Romain Francoise
Subject: Re: initial nxml merge
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 19:27:32 +0100

address@hidden (Mark A. Hershberger) writes:

> I have just merged a minimally tested nXML.  I merged all the
> char-name/unicode/*.el files for now because, while this
> information is in the unicode branch, it isn't in HEAD.  That
> still needs to be sorted out.

Thanks.  A few integration notes:

 * The nXML manual belongs in doc/misc, not in doc/emacs.  You
   probably want to adjust @setfilename to output the info file in
   the info/ top-level directory, and enable compilation of the file
   in the doc/misc Makefile.

 * The NEWS file should not be in lisp/nxml, but in etc/.  See
   GNUS-NEWS, ERC-NEWS, etc.  The README and TODO files can just be
   removed, I think.

 * The subdirs.el files should be generated, not committed in CVS.