Re: unicode build: "comparison is always true" warnings

From: Mark A. Hershberger
Subject: Re: unicode build: "comparison is always true" warnings
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 16:35:56 -0500

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

> Please tell me which part of the sources you have difficulties to
> understand, then I can explain it to you.

Other people will see the compilation warning and naively ask “Why is
emacs doing things insecurely?”

It would be helpful to have an explanation in the comments to explain
_why_ it is secure despite the warnings.

I'll readily admit I don't know enough about mailfile locking or mktemp
to understand why this is secure despite the warnings.  For those of us
who don't readily understand secure mailfile locking, could you explain
why mktemp is ok?

--
http://hexmode.com/
GPG Fingerprint: 7E15 362D A32C DFAB E4D2  B37A 735E F10A 2DFC BFF5

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious.
    -- Albert Einstein, The World As I See it