Re: invisible

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: invisible
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 10:33:28 +0100

> So why does (interactive) have this effect?

I don't know.  I'd have to gdb set_point_both to find out but doing so
is awkward here.  Maybe you could give it a try.  I could imagine that
invisibility and intangibility properties get mixed up.  On the other
hand it might be simply TRT to do for redisplay after an interactive
command.  Miles and Stefan used to work on this but I'm afraid they
won't tell us ...

Meanwhile could you please check my patch for simple.el too?

(1) With emacs -Q visit my txt file, evaluate the second progn, move the
cursor after "line7" and try to do C-p repeatedly.  On my system point
gets stuck after "line5".  Setting `track-eol' to t has point get stuck
after "line6".

(2) With emacs -Q visit my txt file, evaluate the second progn, set
`track-eol' to t, move point after "line1", and hit C-n.  `point' moves
after "line6" instead of after "line2".

Now please apply my patch and check whether it DTRT in these cases.