Re: [Patch] Make tls.el support certificate verification

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: [Patch] Make tls.el support certificate verification
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 22:31:28 +0100

On Sat, Nov 17 2007, Elias Oltmanns wrote:

> Reiner Steib <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Sorry for the delay, I didn't have a change do commit your changes
>> during the past week (I'm not at home and I don't have a reasonable
>> internet connection at the moment).
>
> Alright.  Thanks for clarifying.

Committed.  Thank you for your contributions.

Some remarks for future contributions:

- The  ChangeLog entries should be per function / per variable, e.g.:

        * tls.el (tls-certtool-program, tls-hostmismatch): New variables.
        (tls-checktrust): New variable.  Check if GNU TLS complained about a
        mismatch between the hostname provided in the certificate and the name
        of the host connnecting to.
        (open-tls-stream): Use them.  Check certificates against trusted root
        certificates.

- defcustoms don't need the leading "*" in the doc string.  (In many
  Emacs lisp files they still exist, but they will be removed
  eventually.)

- defcustoms should have a version tag.

See http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.commits/5529 for my
cosmetic/style changes.

Would it be useful to add the strings suggested in the doc string of
`tls-checktrust' to `tls-program'?  Or provide them as custom options
for `tls-program'?

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,