Re: Using `call-process-shell-command' in `process-lines'

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Using `call-process-shell-command' in `process-lines'
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:35:22 -0500

> Does anyone see a problem with this change, and specifically in
> non-Windows environments?

Yes: the use of `args' in call-process-shell-command is strongly
discouraged in my office because it doesn't do what it says it does: it
doesn't treat each element of the list as an argument.  Instead it just
concatenates the elements of the list and then passes the resulting
single string to the shell which will split it into arguments accoring
to its own rules.

> The goal is to make `process-lines' (and so, `authors' and
> `check-declare-directory') to be more Windows-friendly; frienldy as in
> "now it works", I mean :).

Please describe the actual problem so we can find another solution
to it.

        Stefan