Re: easymenu suffix problem?

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: easymenu suffix problem?
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 22:03:34 -0500

Stefan Monnier wrote:

> What should happen, is that easymenu should detect that it's seeing
> "the same name" again in the same menu and then generate a different
> key.

It's not obvious to me how to do that. easy-menu-convert-item-1, which
would need to choose a new name in the event of a clash, only
processes a single item, and does not know anything about the map
which the items will be installed in.

Is the comment in that function about "merge multiple entries with the
same name" referring to some other, desired, functionality? In other
words, the choosing-a-unique-name thing would only be needed in the
case of name clashes caused by the use of :suffix?