Re: invisible

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: invisible
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 17:36:19 +0100

>>Currently, I don't have a test case where this fails with the
>>default value of `line-move-ignore-invisible'.  All problems stem
>>from `line-move-ignore-invisible' nil.
>

> Hmm... I didn't notice that part.  But then do they also appear with
> a line-move-ignore-invisible set to nil and a disable-point-adjustment
> set to t?  I would guess not (this case being trivial).
>
> If so, maybe the solution is to do as I suggested: get rid of
> line-move-ignore-invisible and use (not disable-point-adjustment) in
> its place.

No because the problem is with point adjustment during line movement.
It's got nothing to do with the command loop.

I'm afraid my earlier discussion with Stephen about whether calling
`forward-line' interactively or via `eval-expression' have the same
effect is still muddying this discussion.

To recapitulate: C-n/C-p call `forward-line' to move to the
next/previous line.  `forward-line' first invokes scan_newline to find
the next/previous newline and position point after/before it.
Thereafter it calls

SET_PT_BOTH (pos, pos_byte);

The latter refuses to position `point' immediately after rear-sticky
invisible text.