Re: minibuffer and current-local-map

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: minibuffer and current-local-map
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 16:42:02 +0000

Richard Stallman wrote:
> I see the duplicate in the normal value of
> minibuffer-local-completion-map.  The parent of that map is
> minibuffer-local-map, and both of them have menu bar submaps.

The duplication seems to be related to this comment in menu-bar.el

 (dolist (map (list minibuffer-local-map
            ;; This shouldn't be necessary, but there's a funny
            ;; bug in keymap.c that I don't understand yet.  -stef
            minibuffer-local-completion-map))
    (define-key map [menu-bar minibuf]
      (cons "Minibuf" (make-sparse-keymap "Minibuf"))))