Re: mb-pos.el (was: Minibuffer default values list)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: mb-pos.el (was: Minibuffer default values list)
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 16:27:17 -0500

    The reason I added a new hook `goto-history-element-pre-hook' is to add
    later another symmetric hook `goto-history-element-post-hook' necessary
    for implementing another feature: with the recent improvements in the
    minibuffer functionality it became essential for the user to know the
    current minibuffer position in the history list or in the "future" values
    list.

I don't understand what that refers to.  Could you explain?

If we want both kinds of hooks, we should make each of them work the
right way, than make them artificially parallel if that is bad.

The "pre-hook" should be a single function, not a hook,
and ideally should only run when trying to move into the future,
for the reasons I gave.