Re: Proposed function: x-display-usable-bounds

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Proposed function: x-display-usable-bounds
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 09:56:35 -0500

> width height) for the usable screen area.  Since it seems relevant for
> all platforms, it would seem appropriate to name this function with an
> x- prefix, e.g., x-display-usable-bounds, and define it for all
> platforms.  As a placeholder implementation, a list (0 0

Actually, better *not* use an "x-" prefix for the main name.  I.e. name
it "display-usable-bounds".  It's implementation may just check the
display used by the selected frame and dispatch to
x-display-usable-bounds,  w32-display-usable-bounds,
mac-display-usable-bounds, ...

        Stefan "we may one day be able to build an Emacs executable that
                can not only control simultanously several X11s and ttys
                but also some W32/Carbon/GNUstep backend and maybe more".