Re: address@hidden: use-file-dialog should not apply to mouse in *Comple

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: address@hidden: use-file-dialog should not apply to mouse in *Completions*]
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 13:54:44 -0500

>     However, I think it is the documentation that needs fixing here to match
>     the documentation of read-file-name.

> This is a real bug; the code needs to be changed.

> `read-file-name' is supposed to use the file dialog when you invoke
> the command with the mouse.  The point is that choosing a completion
> with the mouse, inside M-x, should not count as "invoking the command
> with the mouse".

> That is what needs to be changed.  Would someone fix that and ack?

I think in this case both behaviors can make sense.  It's not clear to
me that one is better than the other.  Clearly, the M-x had to be typed,
but the user had to switch to the mouse in order to click the
`find-file' completion, so maybe she wants to keep using the mouse
rather than switch back to the keyboard.

        Stefan