Re: Support routines for popup menus

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Support routines for popup menus
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 20:21:33 +0100

Richard Stallman wrote:
I just noticed that a library in Emacs opened a popup menu in such a way that the line it should give information about was hided. I think I have forgotten to send the two routines below which simplifies poping up menus alined to the point.

What's the goal?  Just to move the menu vertically down a line or two?

To show the menu where point is, not where the mouse cursor is. It displays the menu under the point with point visible, if possible. (If the menu has to be displayed upwards it, then it unfortunately covers point. This is a minor bug, of course. I think it is not easy to correct.)