Re: Emacs icon file

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: Emacs icon file
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 23:41:43 -0800

Seiji Zenitani <address@hidden> writes:

  > On 2007/11/30, at 3:19, Glenn Morris wrote:
  >
  > > Seiji Zenitani wrote:
  > >
  > >> How about installing them to the emacs source tree
  > >> (emacs/etc/images/icons/), so that we have some more choices on UNIX
  > >> platforms?
  > >
  > > Thank you; done.
  > >

  > Thank you.
  >
  > Once again, if Emacs uses his icon on the other platforms,
  > he can also offer graphics files for them
  > (e.g. *.ico files for Win32 port).
  >
  > IMHO, his design is so good that
  > I'd like to see it on various platforms.

IMHO emacs should use the same icon on all platforms. If this icon is
deemed better than the current one, the we should switch. Not sure who
can make this decision, probably RMS.

Also besides this icon emacs uses many other icons. Nowadays on X11 it
will try to use the standard Gtk+ icons. But those don't cover all the
emacs needs. So help improving the rest of the icons would be greatly
appreciated.