Re: desktop.el: autosave?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: desktop.el: autosave?
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 10:02:58 +0100

    > I'm not sure an idle timer is good for this feature.  I want to auto-save
    > the desktop at quite long time intervals (an hour or so), but usually
    > Emacs is not idle for this time.  So it seems we need a non-idle timer.

    Two timers?  The non-idle one triggers (after an hour or so) an idle one.

That's a strange idea.

It occurred to me because Juri wanted to auto-save the desktop only
every hour.  Hence, I'd first wait for an hour and then until Emacs
has become idle for at least five minutes.

My idea is that they both trigger saving.

Wouldn't it be sufficient to have one idle timer which triggers
auto-saving only if some timeout has elapsed sine the last auto-save
of the desktop?