Re: nXML mailing list

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 02:41:45 +0100

Leo wrote:
On 2007-12-08 19:15 +0000, Richard Stallman wrote:
    Since now FSF has taken over the maintenance of of nXML, would it be
    wise to ask users of the nXML to direct bug reports to emacs-devel?

We direct Emacs bug reports to bug-gnu-emacs and emacs-pretest-bug.
That's true for everything in the Emacs distribution.
Do you see a specific reason to say something specifically about nXML?

There is a separate mailing list for nXML existing before the
merge. Quite a few users of nXML are still active in that list. Someone
probably should write to that list to invite them to divert bugs to
emacs-devel.

BTW, the nXML mailing list is a yahoo group and I can not post to it.

Ok, I have added nxml mailing list here now. I believe people there are aware that nxml is beeing merged into Emacs, but I do not know what to do with bugs at the moment.

Is there anyone on the nxml mailing list that is using the CVS version of Emacs currently?

I believe there might be a couple of bug fixes that are not in the nxml sources that have been added to Emacs, but I am not sure.