Re: .desktop file for emacs

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: .desktop file for emacs
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 11:56:06 +0100

Dan Nicolaescu skrev:
Ulrich Mueller <address@hidden> writes:

> > > as would figuring out how to install it correctly. > > Basically, the desktop entry should go to /usr/share/applications/ and
  > the icon(s) either to /usr/share/pixmaps/emacs_32.png or (preferred)
  > to $XDG_DATA_DIRS/icons/hicolor/{16x16,24x24,32x32,48x48}/emacs.png
  > (where XDG_DATA_DIRS is most likely just /usr/share), as described in
  > <http://standards.freedesktop.org/icon-theme-spec/latest/ar01s03.html>.

Does this mean the icons are not installed in the correct directory
right now?

Given that you seem to understand this, do you want to provide a patch?

Please don't. A normal user should be able to install Emacs to a prefix of his choice. I have several Emacs instances installed at different prefixes.

        Jan D.