Re: address@hidden: case-insensitive partial-completion-mode issue]

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: address@hidden: case-insensitive partial-completion-mode issue]
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:03:22 +0100

Am Montag, 10. Dezember 2007 16:18 schrieb Richard Stallman:
>     > For instance, (wildcard-to-regexp "foo*") returns "\\`foo[^
>
>     Yes, but never "\\`fOo[^ or "\\`FOo[^ or or "\\`Foo[^
>
> You are being too terse.

Sorry for that. Seems I'm not strong in communication.

> I do not understand your point.
>
> Would it help if someone who speaks German contacts you
> so you can explain your point to him in German?

Always welcome. As you have my tel.no, please feel free
to give it to any person which might be helpful.

In this question however I think we may close that
thread, as the original case is settled (at least in my
mind): `partial-completion-mode' always should act
case-sensitive, otherwise Emacs will crash because of
too much calculation in certain conditions. It's no
need to change the code, it works fine as is.

Andreas Röhler