Re: comment-add

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: comment-add
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 20:41:16 +0100

>     Maybe we could all be happy if we change the new behavior to
>     insert three semicolons followed by two spaces?
>
> I finally had time to look at this.  The Lisp mode outline-regexp
> matches three or more semicolons followed by one space followed by
> something which is not space, tab or newline.
>
> Can you show me a precise test case in which comment-dwim produces
> lines that match this?

If I comment text that starts at column 0 (a top-level sexp) like this

;;; (defun foo ()
;;;   (do-this)
;;;   (do-that)
;;;   (do-another-thing))

with comment-style set to indent-or-triple it results in the first line
being matched by outline-regexp.  With comment-style set to indent,
which inserts only two semicolons, this is not the case.  I don't know
if it's good to have commented top-level sexps as outline regexps.

comment-dwim for text that doesn't start in line 0 seems to always
produce comments that are not matched by outline-regexp, because the ;;;
is followed by more than one space.

Bye,
Tassilo