RE: desktop.el: autosave?

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: RE: desktop.el: autosave?
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 22:16:33 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007, Drew Adams wrote:

I was previously unaware of savehist-mode. What's the point of
having both it and the history-saving functionality of desktop?
Wouldn't it be better to remove that functionality from desktop
and let users use savehist-mode instead? (Or vice versa.)

Certainly not vice versa. A user might want to save histories but not all
the rest.

That's configurable, of course: you could use desktop to save only your histories. I agree, though, that from where we stand now it'd be easier to make desktop not save minibuffer histories than to make it easy to configure to save only minibuffer histories. I suspect that there are more users using savehist to save their histories too. It would be easy to point desktop users at savehist-mode.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org/ | The old cliches are the best