Re: region-active-p

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: region-active-p
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:07:43 +0100

Am Dienstag, 11. Dezember 2007 00:08 schrieb Richard Stallman:
> I came up with a better solution to the question of what region-active-p
> should do when the region is empty: make it a user option.
> I think that will make people happy, because I expect most users will
> have the same preference for all the commands.
>
> I will install it when I have a good connection.

To be more precisely: For the special case "region
exist but empty" XEmacs has already the function
`region-exists-p'. `region-active-p' fails in
that case and I see no reason to make things more
complicated at this point.

It's quite easy to follow in both cases, remaining
differences caused by routines below will not be
remarkable by users as was stated correctly.

Andreas Röhler