RE: always put Customizations in `custom-file', never in `user-init-file

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: always put Customizations in `custom-file', never in `user-init-file'
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 08:58:00 -0800

>    ... you can keep on editing everything, including custom-set-faces,
>    in your .emacs.
>
> Except I don't always edit custom-set-faces in my .emacs.  Sometimes I
> use a customize interface.

So you sometimes use Customize to save faces, and then you edit those saved
settings in .emacs.

And you said your objections are that

1. "it is easy to see and change, and change again (and perhaps
again and again)" `custom-set-faces' in your .emacs.

2. "it is easier for me to remember the name of one
customization file, a .emacs file, than two."

Clear enough.