Re: comment-add

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: comment-add
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 14:00:41 -0500

    If I comment text that starts at column 0 (a top-level sexp) like this

    ;;; (defun foo ()
    ;;;   (do-this)
    ;;;   (do-that)
    ;;;   (do-another-thing))

That text already consists of comments.

To help me reproduce the problem, could you please post a *precise*
test case for this bug?

The test case should start with `emacs -q', so that your .emacs file
does not affect it, and it should show exactly what text to put in the
buffer, what commands to execute, and how and where to click.  Also
please say exactly what incorrect results you get.