Re: desktop.el: autosave?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: desktop.el: autosave?
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 14:01:10 -0500

    There are many packages in Emacs that have similar functionality.
    But there are no problems with that.  Every package has its own users.

Actually I wish we had fewer duplicate packages.  They are added complexity.

When duplications have existed for a long time we don't have to get
rid of the duplicates, but I would like to make one of them clearly
superior, so it can be the only one we recommend.