Re: Support routines for popup menus

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Support routines for popup menus
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 02:39:33 +0100

Richard Stallman wrote:
To show the menu where point is, not where the mouse cursor is. It displays the menu under the point with point visible, if possible. (If
I expect people will find that very strange and inconvenient.

Could you please reread what I wrote about this? I think you have misunderstod the intention.

Popping up menus the way I suggest here while working from the keyboard is quite common. Most often it is tied to the [apps] key.

BTW I have proposed a framework for using the [apps] key (so that different modes etc can cooperate on the use of it) but have not have time to clean that file up and send it to the list.