Re: how to implement xembed in emacs?

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: how to implement xembed in emacs?
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 12:03:47 +0100

There already exist a patch for this from Timo Savola. It has not been installed yet, but will be once unicode2 becomes HEAD.

        Jan D.

address@hidden skrev:
Hello,

I'm interested in the possibility of using xembed in emacs:

http://standards.freedesktop.org/xembed-spec/xembed-spec-0.5.html

There are patches to make emacs embaddable in other applications:

http://timo.stc.cx/tmp/emacs/

which seems nice and worthwile of inclusion in emacs, but I'm in this
case talking about embedding other applications in emacs.

I'm thinking of doing a proof-of-concept hack that would implement a
new dummy image type. The image would simply not render. Instead it
would read a window id from a file and call XReparentWindow, with the
coordinates given by emacs to the image. This scheme might work
somewhat, but:

How can this be achieved properly in emacs?