Re: how to implement xembed in emacs?

From: joakim
Subject: Re: how to implement xembed in emacs?
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 17:27:18 +0100

Jan Djärv <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden skrev:
>> Jan Djärv <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> There already exist a patch for this from Timo Savola.  It has not
>>> been installed yet, but will be once unicode2 becomes HEAD.
>>
>> Yes, its the patch I mention below. However, as far as I can
>> determine, the patch implements the case of embedding emacs in other
>> applications, not the case of embedding other applications in
>> emacs. Am I wrong?
>>

> Ah, I didn't read carefully enough.  You are not wrong.  I don't know
> if there is some legal issues with this, but you should check that out
> first.

There should be no problem if all applications use compatible
licenses, right? So there should be only technical issues.

GTK has support for embedding:

http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/unstable/GtkSocket.html

using that method would mean that native gtk widgets should be implemented
inside an emacs buffer.

--
Joakim Verona