Bug in nxml-mode (indentation)?

From: Eric Lilja
Subject: Bug in nxml-mode (indentation)?
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:56:23 +0100

Hello, I'm using GNU Emacs 23.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2007-12-17 on MINDCOOLER. I noticed a difference in how the old xml-mode versus nxml-mode indents an xml-file where you have a tag that stretches over several lines (hope I use the terminology correct here). Consider this simple test file (hope the spaces are preserved in the post or this will be a useless report):
<outer>
    This text stretches over several lines.
    This text stretches over several lines.
</outer>

This is the indentation you get with the old xml-mode (M-x xml-mode) and you can see I'm using an offset of two spaces.

Now consider the indentation using nxml-mode:
<outer>
  This text stretches over several lines.
  This text stretches over several lines.
</outer>

Now this I don't like. The last two "This text stretches over several lines" should be indented another step like in plain xml-mode I feel. I'm just beginning with xml and my own xml-files usually don't look like this but I do have to work with such files. Is the nxml-mode way of indenting vs xml-mode in this particular example to be considered a bug? If it is, let me know if you need any more information from me. Thanks!

- Eric