Re: Bug in nxml-mode (indentation)?

From: Eric Lilja
Subject: Re: Bug in nxml-mode (indentation)?
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 13:55:01 +0100

Jason Rumney wrote:
Eric Lilja wrote:
I wish I could set a flag that makes the indentation not care about
xpath/xquery and indent like the old xml-mode. :)

It's nothing to do with XPath or XQuery, they are just ways of
addressing information in the document. In text blocks within XML,
whitespace is significant.

However, I've tried it myself now, and nothing seems to be indented
without an explicit command from the user. So there doesn't seem to be
any harm in making the indentation behaviour give the most aesthetically
pleasing results.

Yes, that would be very nice indeed. I would love being able to use nxml-mode exclusively so I can master it properly and still have it indent the way I like for xml-files where indentation is only to be aesthetically pleasing. Do you have any comments on the indentation made my nxml-mode in my second example?

OT: Now if only my new laptop would appear so I can try out gnu/linux on it... (it came to my city during the night then got sent to another one?!)

- Eric