Re: C-u prefix behavior of TAB broken

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: C-u prefix behavior of TAB broken
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 18:41:49 +0100

> Can't indent-for-tab-command simply, if there's a prefix argument given,
> rigidly indent the following sexp by the change in indentation?  That
> doesn't seem hard at all, and matches the behavior I remember (perhaps
> there are corner cases where it would differ, but I don't think I know
> about them...).

For `tab-always-indent' t it might make sense to do `beginning-of-line'
before the `forward-sexp'.  Otherwise it should work wherever
`forward-sexp' behaves reasonably.  BTW, isn't

   ((memq indent-line-function '(indent-relative indent-relative-maybe))
    (funcall indent-line-function))
   ;; Indent the line.
   (t
    (indent-according-to-mode))