Re: nxml-mode faces

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: nxml-mode faces
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 19:14:43 +0200

> Fontification I think is an improvement over xml-mode that can be
> changed if others do not agree:
>
> 1. Keywords in the prolog, such as SYSTEM and PUBLIC are fontified as
> keywords, as is CDATA. xml-mode does not fontify these.
>
> 2. Entity and character references are fontified in
> font-lock-constant-face. xml-mode fontifies entity references in
> font-lock-variable-name face (the same as attribute names), and does not
> fontify numeric character references at all.

Thanks for making nxml-mode and xml-mode faces the same.
Too bad there are still differences in faces for entity references.
It seems your changes in nxml-mode are better than current faces in
xml-mode.  Is there a reason not to change font-lock-variable-name
to font-lock-constant-face for entity references in xml-mode now?

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/