Re: linum.el?

From: Markus Triska
Subject: Re: linum.el?
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 20:18:52 +0100

> Why doesn't it work?  It seems to be intended for this job.

For instance, how can `set-window-redisplay-end-trigger' be used to
generally and reliably trigger in the following cases?

*) widen a narrowed region
*) expand a collapsed thread in Gnus and similar programs
*) expand a tree in outline-mode, allout-mode and similar modes

> If you're right, I'll work more on this patch.

Thank you! Such a hook which reliably triggers in above cases and also
subsumes scrolling, window resizing, and insertion of new lines can be
very advantageous for other (new) modes as well.