Re: "CHANGED outside Customize" in frames customization group

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: "CHANGED outside Customize" in frames customization group
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 18:33:55 +0100

>>Maybe these variables shouldn't be customizable in the first place.
>>Else we should try to improve the user interface.
>

> I do hope that first suggestion is an early April Fool's joke. ;-)

Why do you think so?  The doc-string of `default-frame-alist' states:

These may be set in your init file, like this:
  (setq default-frame-alist '((width . 80) (height . 55) (menu-bar-lines . 1)))

In my book suggesting the use of `setq' to set a variable contradicts
the very idea of customizing that variable.