Re: 23.0.60; GNU Emacs does not handle composed characters

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; GNU Emacs does not handle composed characters
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 16:04:36 +0100

Am 26.12.2007 um 18:10 schrieb Andreas Schwab:

Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa> writes:

When pasting a copy of a filled in text from OmniWeb (a Web browser coming from the NeXT) into a file buffer in GNU Emacs (mode-line starts with -U:), which was launched with -Q, the German umlauts ä, ö, ü, Ä, Ö, Ü are stripped off their diaereses and mutate to a, o, u, A, O, U. Typing C-u C-x = on such a Marcel Duchamps character leads to an error message in
echo area:

        Format specifier doesn't match argument type

Did you configure with --enable-font-backend? I see the same error with
tibetan characters in the HELLO file, and it goes away when I disable
the xft support. The error manifests with internal-char-font returning
only a single element list for these characters.

Hello!

Today I did an update from CVS and configured without font-backend. The problem stays the same.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.