question about testing for toolkit

From: Drew Adams
Subject: question about testing for toolkit
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 07:56:17 -0800

Richard has explained to me that when Emacs uses "X Window with no toolkit,
`set-frame-size' includes the menu-bar, since it is displayed using ordinary
text lines. In other window system cases it does not include the menu bar."

I want to test this use of X without toolkit. This is code from
`emacs-version':

(cond ((featurep 'motif)
       (concat ", " (substring motif-version-string 4)))
      ((featurep 'gtk)
       (concat ", GTK+ Version " gtk-version-string))
      ((featurep 'x-toolkit) ", X toolkit")
      ((boundp 'mac-carbon-version-string)
       (concat ", Carbon Version " mac-carbon-version-string))
      (t ""))

Which of the following would be a suitable test to determine whether the
menu-bar is treated as ordinary text lines by `set-frame-size'?

(and (not (eq system-type 'windows-nt)))
     (not (featurep 'x-toolkit)))

(or (featurep 'motif) (featurep 'gtk)
    (boundp 'mac-carbon-version-string))

(or (featurep 'motif) (featurep 'gtk))

Or, if some other test is preferable, please let me know. Thx.