Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 19:57:49 -0500

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>:
> > I proudly mentioned my work on VC-mode, and got majorly dumped on for
> > bothering with Emacs at all.
>
> Curiously enough, I'm having an opposite experience these days:

I completely believe you.  I think our accounts unify nicely if you
reflect that the people giving me crap were mainly Eclipse fans --
ex-Emacs users who think they've found something better.

On the other hand, anybody who's been stuck using Microsoft tools...
well, of *course* Emacs is better; an Acheulian flint hand-axe would
probably strike those poor bastards as an improvement.