Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 20:06:54 -0500

Miles Bader <address@hidden>:
> These people apparently treat software as some kind of fashion contest.
> Do you expect us to put any stock in what they say?

Well...at least two of them, to my certain personal knowledge, have
been expert Emacs users in the past.  (I'm thinking of David and Cyndy
Matuszek, in case anyone here has ever met them.)

They're not fashionistas. They have a belief, which is not badly founded
given the evidence available to them, that the Emacs project is old,
tired, badly run, and effectively moribund.

I can't say that I blame them much for this.  We have a lot of work to
do to re-establish the level of credibility we enjoyed at the time I
was last directly involved in the early 1990s.