ChangeLog policy for same-day changes to a file?

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: ChangeLog policy for same-day changes to a file?
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 00:58:15 -0800

Notice the multiple appearances of "doc-view.el" in this single entry
from lisp/ChangeLog:

   2007-12-26  Tassilo Horn  <address@hidden>

        * image-mode.el (image-bookmark-make-cell, image-bookmark-jump):
        New functions.
        (image-mode): Set bookmark-make-cell-function appropriately.

        * doc-view.el (doc-view-bookmark-jump): Correct misspelled arg name.

        * bookmark.el (bookmark-make-cell-function): New variable.
        (bookmark-make): Call bookmark-make-cell-function's function
        instead of bookmark-make-cell.
        (bookmark-get-handler, bookmark-jump-internal): New functions.
        (bookmark-jump, bookmark-jump-other-window, bookmark-insert)
        (bookmark-bmenu-2-window, bookmark-bmenu-other-window):
        Use bookmark-jump-internal.
        (bookmark-make-cell-for-text-file): Renamed from bookmark-make-cell.

        * doc-view.el (doc-view-bookmark-make-cell)
        (doc-view-bookmark-jump): New functions.
        (doc-view-mode): Set bookmark-make-cell-function buffer-locally.

Obviously, they represent separate CVS commits to doc-view.el, but on
the same day, so Tassilo put them into the same ChangeLog entry.  The
result is counterintuitive, but I'm not sure what else he should do.
Create a separate ChangeLog entry with the same date?  Do we have a
policy for how to handle this?

(I have little experience with this issue, because no other project I
work on manually maintains a ChangeLog file in addition to the log
messages stored by the version control system.)

-Karl