Re: It's not yet time to anoint git, or anything else

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: It's not yet time to anoint git, or anything else
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 08:07:46 -0600

On Wed,  2 Jan 2008 08:24:58 -0500 (EST) "Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden>
wrote:

ESR> But I think it's worth noting that pretty much all the good things
ESR> being said about git apply equally to other DVCSes such as Mercurial, bzr,
ESR> monotone, darcs, and Codeville.  All of these have very similar basic
ESR> models based on commit-before-merge and push/pull operations.

Has there ever been an ELisp-based VCS?  Should we at least consider it?
The advantages are significant for this group of developers, and it
would certainly benefit other users.  The major disadvantage (besides
having to write the code), I imagine, is incompatibility with other
VCSs, and that can be addressed by a bridge to CVS/Git/Arch/etc as
deemed appropriate (similar to the git-svn bridge).

Ted