Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 15:26:58 +0100

> Would ONE of you please email me git intro documentation?
> (Please check and see if someone else has already said he
> has done so, before sending it again.)

Please do not focus too much on git. AFAIK it is not the most easy to
use decentralized VCS and its support for non-*nix systems is weak.

I'll suggest you use Mercurial for learning what a decentralized VCS can
do. The basic idea is the same for all dVCS's. Of course the interface
and implementation trade-offs varies among them.

Mercurial:

http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/

Focus on UnderstandingMercurial and the Tutorial. CvsInfo may be useful
too.

Bazaar is another dVCS. On its website there are some articles
interesting articles:

http://bazaar-vcs.org/Articles

--
Oscar