Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 03:21:33 +0200

On 2008-01-02 11:48, Karl Fogel <address@hidden> wrote:
> I tried to do a test conversion of the Emacs CVS repository, but don't
> see a way to get a full repository tarball from Savannah.  If someone
> can hand me one, I'll do a test conversion and report back.

I use the following script to rsync the repository now and then:

  #!/bin/sh
  #
  # Mirror the CVS repository of Emacs.  Information about rsync and
  # the rsync incantation to mirror the repo, obtained from:
  #
  # Ken Raeburn, raeburn at raeburn.org
  # on emacs-devel
  #

  rsync   --delete --force --recursive \
          --links --safe-links --hard-links --times \
          --compress --progress -vv --stats \
          cvs.savannah.gnu.org::sources/emacs/ /home/emacs/

Many belated thanks to Ken Raeburn, who initially pointed me at this
method of obtaining a local CVS repository :)