Re: question about testing for toolkit

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: question about testing for toolkit
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 04:50:02 -0500

    > I think that is the best one.  If a toolkit is used,
    > which toolkit does not matter.

    I wish no test at all were needed: i.e. the behavior should be the same
    regardless.

Ideally I agree it would be better to change non-toolkit builds to
work the way the toolkit builds to: turning menu bar on or off does
not alter the number of lines available for text.  But does anyone
want to do that much work redesigning non-toolkit X usage?

At some point we might want to desupport that mode instead.
But first we should ask the users how many would be unhappy.