Re: DocView: desktop starts PDF/PS conversion process

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: DocView: desktop starts PDF/PS conversion process
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 09:37:46 +0100

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Juri,

> When a PDF/PS file gets saved in the desktop file, then after starting
> Emacs and reading this PDF/PS file, DocView starts a PDF/PS conversion
> process.  This is annoying behavior, because for an unknown reason
> the CPU goes high and you need investigating what really happens.

I don't use desktop, so could you give me a recipe?

> What would be a good solution?  Maybe to add `doc-view-mode' to
> `desktop-modes-not-to-save'?

No, that shouldn't be needed.  AFAIK desktop saves the files you were
looking at when closing emacs, and on startup it reopens them, right?
So when reopening a pdf that was already converted before, it should use
the cached files.  Is it possible that you accidentially deleted them?

Basically there should be no difference in `C-x C-f foo.pdf' and desktop
opening it.  Does a conversion start when you open a pdf with find-file
for the second time?

Bye,
Tassilo