Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 15:16:28 +0530

Hi,
 Though a trivial issue that many of you might not be affected (but I
am). Ability to access CVS from corporate firewalls. I did try to
inquire why system administrators block the port 2401. The standard
answer I got was they block all ports and enable/allow only those
vital (or bare minimum) ports that are required. Since I spend most
part of my time working in the corporate firewall, I would like to
have a VCS that alows me access through normal (HTTP/HTTPS) ports that
are normally open in most corporate firewalls. I am fortunate to have
a laptop that I take home and update from CVS from time to time. For
updating at work, I use the mercurial repository (HEAD branch only). I
have tried the GIT repo too and it got corrupted and I never tried to
recover it.

 I do agree this cannot be the sole reason to change the VCS but would
solve a major problem for me.

with best regards,
dhruva

--
Contents reflect my personal views only!