Re: Introducing 'unrecognized and 'ignored

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Introducing 'unrecognized and 'ignored
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 00:54:06 -0500

    I'm not opposed to this, but it's conditional on changing VC so it doesn't
use
    Dired any more.  RMS is opposed to that; I'd like to know why before I
    make a decision.

I'm not dead-set against it.  Dired and VC-Dired are similar in general,
so if the implementations are totally different, that would mean
(1) two different implementations of the same thing, and (2) a tendency
for the user interfaces to become incompatible.

It is possible for sufficiently strong reasons to outweigh that one.