Re: menu items

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: menu items
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 11:13:58 +0100

The menu items are too distracting.  I would like to see the key
bindings permanently greyed out as they are of secondary interest.

Optionally, please.

This
probably flies in the face of convention, however, so how about just removing the brackets surrounding the key binding? This makes them a bit quieter and
does seem to follow convention ( = expectation).

If you mean removing the parentheses in say "(C-x C-f)" I'd be fully
in favor.  Occasionally, the closing parenthesis makes it hard for me
to read the binding.