Re: multiple queries to delete excess backup version w/ custom

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: multiple queries to delete excess backup version w/ custom
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 11:21:45 +0100

martin> Does this happen with `custom-save-all'?

I used the mouse to click the button labelled "Save for Future Sessions".

"C-h k" followed by a click on that button shows documentation for
widget-button-click -- not very helpful.  C-h k RET with point on the
button just shows docs for Custom-newline -- also not very helpful.

Finally I figured out that M-x describe-char followed by
middle-clicking on 'push-button', followed by left-clicking the
'[show]' text next to :action, shows:

#[(widget &optional event)
  "\300 \207"
  [Custom-save]
  1]

I found this sequence extremely obscure.

It is.  Personally, I experienece great difficulties reading custom and
widget code.

Apparently Custom-save calls custom-save-all.
But, when I evalled (custom-save-all) by hand, it only asked once.

Could you please try to edebug `Custom-save' and/or `custom-save-all' to
find out why and how it's getting called repeatedly.  This should get
fixed for Emacs 22.2.