Re: menu items

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: menu items
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 12:43:40 +0200

> The menu items are too distracting.  I would like to see the key
> bindings permanently greyed out as they are of secondary interest.
> This probably flies in the face of convention, however, so how about
> just removing the brackets surrounding the key binding?  This makes
> them a bit quieter and does seem to follow convention ( =
> expectation).

I agree that brackets are confusing since some menu entries use
brackets for other purposes (for instance, "Postscript Print Buffer (B+W)"
displays "(B+W)" on the right side that looks like a key binding).

Maybe a better format would be the same as used in the Emacs documentation
with single quotes like `C-x C-w'?  This still causes less noise than
brackets.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/