Re: rfn-eshadow

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: rfn-eshadow
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 12:36:51 +0200

>> Doesn't look like a right solution to me since url-handlers.el causes
>
> But most of the url* files are already loaded when applying
> `ffap'. Start "emacs -Q", and compare `load-history' before and after
> calling `ffap' on a URL-like string.

Ah, I didn't notice that ffap already loads url* files via url-normalize-url.
In this case there is no problem with that.  The only problem I see is that
after reading an URL by ffap, the value of the variable `url-handler-mode'
is t, but really this mode is not active since file-name-handler-alist
doesn't keep the corresponding entry.  You can fix this by adding an empty
let-binding in `ffap-read-file-or-url' for the variable `url-handler-mode'
exactly as you did for `file-name-handler-alist' to not keep its new value.
If nobody objects, could you also fix this in the Emacs 22 branch?

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/