Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 09:30:10 -0500

    > I don't think it makes sense to compare these two different "commit"
    > operations -- it's like comparing an apple to an orange tree branch.
    > If you compare applies with oranges instead, the difference is
    > much less.

    I think that the comparison is quite accurate: the commit does
    everything that a commit in CVS does.  The difference in workflow is not
    in committing, it is in the fact that everybody has his own repository
    (and all of them are equal).

I think that is a confusing way to compare them.
It focuses on similarities in implementation
rather than on similarities in use and role.