Re: Why Emacs needs a modern bug tracker

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Why Emacs needs a modern bug tracker
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 16:51:56 +0100

Eric S. Raymond wrote:
I wasn't very clear, there.  Of course users need web forms, and they
will manipulate the database directly.  But why can't we have VCS
updating, too?  This will allow RMS and others to work offline, a very
desirable thing.

A VCS-based solution would be more complicated than necessary. Easier
just to write a w3m-based client that pulls a copy of the entire bug database out of the tracker.

Just a detail and nothing to discuss now: w3m is not available everywhere. Maybe the url libraries in Emacs can be used though.